- In what is perhaps a reaction to the CDU’s nosedives in recent elections, Angela Merkel says she wants disruptive action on climate change.
- A new public-private project in Germany aims to adjust industrial processes to intermittent power generation.
- Paris orders 800 new electric buses.
- Perhaps we haven’t seen peak oil or peak coal:
Oil & gas continue to grow strongly, as does solar & wind.— Glen Peters (@Peters_Glen) June 6, 2019
Has coal peaked? Or is coal just returning to business as usual after frantic growth in the 2000's (driven by China)? pic.twitter.com/qMH9MyoR7w
- Read about plans for nuclear programs in emerging economies.